After a period of treatment, I often suggest people come and pick up remedies without a consultation as we know we are on the correct path and just require consolidation.
However best practice requires that I see you at least once every 6 – 12 months. This is because:
- your life circumstances change and bring new challenges and stressors;
- you may have changed medications, which means that I need to reassess interactions between these medicines and any supplements I have prescribed;
- your health concerns may start reappearing subtly and we can head this off sooner than later;
- I can help you with preventative health care strategies to reduce the burden of chronic diseases like arthritis, diabetes, cancers;
- I can help motivate you with positive choices in foods/thinking;
- I get a better sense of ongoing health and family patterns in the longer term which gives me extra insight;
- I can inform you of recent developments in the area of naturopathic health care.
There’s another reason too – I get satisfaction in observing and participating in people’s lives over time and knowing that I’ve made a useful and sustained difference.